Sunday, March 2, 2014

Adjusting to new things

Bea never fails to amaze me.
She may be just over 2 years of age but she is wise. And she takes everything in.

There have been a few things this week that have shown me that she is getting used to the idea of living in Laos.

1. I was playing pretend shop with her and her currency has changed. In Auckland i would buy an "ice-cream" (usually a piece of tanbark at the playground) and it would cost me "4 dollars" Yesterday, i got a strawberry ice-cream (a rock) and it cost me "um, 20 thousand". Here's hoping it was kip and not dollars.

And this coming from someone who doesn't even handle money!

2. Today she asked me what her name was in Laos. "Mummy, what is Bea in Laos" I responded that it was bea. She then asked what bird was… The first few words she wanted me to look up in the Laos dictionary FYI….      Bird,   Dinosaur,   Curtain,   Hand,   Balloon. A prize for anyone who can goes how they are related.

3. She has started saying "mum look there's a mozzie" and "the power has come back on"

4. She now grasps the concept of drinking water Vs tap water

Anyway, she amazes me with how quickly she is picking up everything even when i knew how adaptable she could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment